Fight For NYCHA was formed to bring public housing tenants together to self-determine the future of the New York City Housing Authority (“NYCHA“). Mayor Bill de Blasio (D-New York City) plans to put 1/3 of NYCHA’s public housing stock into the hands of private landlords, and Fight For NYCHA opposes this approach. Our work has begun to garner media attention.
- As City Officials Respond To ‘Humanitarian Crisis’ At Brooklyn Jail, Others Wonder : ‘What About NYCHA ?’, 05 Feb 2019 [Gothamist]
- Can NYCHA Activists Rouse A ‘Political Sleeping Giant’ ?, 11 Feb 2019 [Gothamist]
- NYCHA Tenants Rally to Save Robert Fulton Houses, 04 May 2019 [NY1]
- Fulton Houses fearful over RAD’ical plan, 08 May 2019 [The Villager]
- Residents slam NYCHA redevelopment plan in Chelsea, 04 June 2019 [The New York Post]
- Residents rally against Fulton Houses demolition, 04 June 2019 [PIX11]
- Fulton Houses Residents Rally against NYCHA Plan to Demolish Buildings, 05 June 2019 [NY1]
- NYCHA residents pack town hall in Chelsea, 18 Sept. 2019 [PIX11]
- Opinion: NYCHA’s NextGen Threatens More Harm than Hope, 10 Oct. 2019 [City Limits]
- Mayor de Blasio launches ‘working group’ to hash out NYCHA plans in Chelsea, 10 Oct. 2019 [The New York Daily News]
- Climate Control is a Year-Round Issue at NYCHA, Especially for Seniors, 23 Oct. 2019 [City Limits]
- URBAN AGENDA – NYCHA Dilemma : Moving ahead by working with communities ?, 11 Nov. 2019 [Amsterdam News]
- What will happen to NYCHA’s hidden population under RAD ?, 06 Dec. 2019 [Red Hook Star-Revue]
For more information, please call us at : (646) 847-9550.